About The Bosch Brand
Founded in 1886, Bosch is a leading globalprovider of technology and services. With associates in over 42 countries, thecompany operates in four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, IndustrialTechnology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. In 2021, Boschgenerated sales of 78.7 billion euros.
Bosch's main presence in the HVAC industryis through its subsidiary Worcester Bosch, which it acquired in 1996. WorcesterBosch is a leading manufacturer of boilers and other heating products for bothdomestic and commercial applications.
Worcester Bosch Air Source Heat Pumps
Worcester Bosch air source heat pumps aresome of the most efficient and reliable on the market. With a wide range ofmodels to choose from, there is a Worcester Bosch heat pump to suit any home orbusiness.
Through the following sections, we'llreview these products in detail by outlining their specific features as well asthe pros and cons of each model.
7001i AW Heat Pump
Suitable for building development and newbuild projects alike, the 7001i AW Heat Pump uses highly efficient, low carbontechnology to deliver rated heat outputs as high as 17 kW. It is a split systemcomprising both an indoor and outdoor unit and is available in five differentconfigurations. While these differ in specific capacity and appearance, theyall share common factors characteristic to the 7001i AW lineup likeconsiderable energy savings and durability. They also all offer their own, yetnonetheless impressive, efficiency ratings of up to A+++ and above averageCoefficients Of Performance between 4.69 and 5.31. A universal maximumtemperature of flow of 62°C also means that the 7001i AW is suitable for a widerange of heating applications.
A standout aspect of all the models in the7001i AW, these products are notably quiet when compared to other air sourceheat pumps in the market. They're Quiet Mark certified and can operate at soundpower levels as low as 47 dBA.
As for installation, this series doesn’trequire ground pipework to operate and can be up and running in as little as 24hours from delivery.
The 7001i AW Heat Pump is a popular productwith lots of advantages. Some of the most notable include:
- Flexible model options. There are 5different models in the 7001i AW lineup, each with their own capabilities. Thismeans that you're sure to find a product that perfectly suits your needs.
- High energy efficiency. All models in the7001i AW lineup are rated A+++ for energy efficiency, meaning that they'll helpyou save money on your energy bills.
- Low noise levels. The 7001i AW is a QuietMark certified product, guaranteeing low operating noise levels and minimaldisturbance.
While a high quality product, the 7001i AWHeat Pump comes with a few disadvantages. Here are some of the most noteworthy:
- High initial cost. The 7001i AW is one ofthe more expensive heat pumps on the market. This high initial cost may beoff-putting for some customers.
- Long minimum runtime. The 7001i AW has aminimum runtime of 2 hours, meaning that it can't
- Limited warranty. This product only comeswith Worcester Bosch's Standard Guarantee of two years.
7400i AW Heat Pump
The 7400i AW is the latest air source heatpump from Worcester Bosch and is designed for new build and full homerenovation projects. Also a split system, this air to water heat pump comeswith an indoor and outdoor unit and is available in two different modelsubtypes: the CS7400IAW 5 OR and CS7400IAW 7 OR. Both boast A+++ energyefficiency ratings and are capable of generating hot water of up to 62°C. Thetwo also share a Coefficient Of Performance of 5.01 - considerably aboveaverage for air source products. But where they mainly differ is their poweroutput level, with the CS7400IAW 5 OR and CS7400IAW 7 OR offering 5 kW and 7 kWrespectively. This makes the CS7400IAW 7 OR the more powerful of the two and,as a result, the more expensive option.
Another similarity between the two modelsis their noise output, or lack thereof. The 7400i AW is a Quiet Mark certifiedproduct with an outdoor unit that operates at just 50 dBA. Worcester Boschtouts the series as its quietest air source heat pump series to date.
As for installation, the 7400i AW is afairly simple process that can be completed in as little as 24 hours. No groundpipework is required and the heat pump can be easily integrated into yourexisting heating system.
There are tons of reasons to choose the7400i AW Heat Pump for your home, like:
- Super low noise levels. With a shared soundpower rating of 50 dBA, both models in the 7400i AW lineup are incrediblyquiet. This makes them ideal for homeowners with limited outdoor space or whoare looking for a heat pump that won't disturb the peace.
- Fantastic energy efficiency. Both models inthe 7400i AW series boast A+++ energy efficiency ratings. This not only meansthat they'll help you save money on your energy bills, but that they're alsoenvironmentally friendly.
- No pipework required. One of the coolestthings about the 7400i AW is that it doesn't require ground pipework tooperate. This makes installation quicker and easier than ever.
There are a few downsides to the 7400i AWthat are worth mentioning, such as:
- Limited power output options. The 7400i AWHeat Pump is only available in power outputs of 5 kW and 7 kW. If you need aheat pump with a higher or lower power output, you'll have to look elsewhere.
Bosch Compress Hybrid 7000i AW
The Bosch Compress Hybrid 7000i AW is - youguessed it - a hybrid product designed to work with both an air source heatpump and a gas boiler.
It's compatible with the brand's 5kW, 7kWand 9kW air to water heat pumps and can also be used with any Worcester Boschgas boiler.
This unique setup makes the Bosch CompressHybrid 7000i AW incredibly versatile and capable of meeting the needs of justabout any home.
In terms of power, the Bosch CompressHybrid 7000i AW is capable of handling up to 32kW in heating capacity.
It also has a number of other features thatmake it stand out from the crowd, such as a low maintenance design and lowoperating sound power level of just 36 dBA.
The unit itself is small and compact,making it easy to install in a variety of different locations. It embodies asleek, white and aesthetic design and comes with a built-in hot water cylinder- meaning there's no need for an extra tank.
There are several advantages to using theBosch Compress Hybrid 7000i AW in your home, such as:
- Flexible. Easy and flexible installationmakes the Bosch Compress Hybrid 7000i AW a great choice for homes in the UK, asit can be retrofitted into existing heating systems.
- Incredibly quiet. This product has a QuietMark certification and operates at a sound level of only 36 dBA (equivalent toa modern refrigerator).
- Wide range of applications. The BoschCompress Hybrid 7000i AW is suitable for a wide range of different homes andheating systems, making it a versatile option.
What are the downsides to the BoschCompress Hybrid 7000i AW? Let's take a look:
- The high price tag. This is a fairlyexpensive product, which may not be affordable for everyone.
- Limited colour options. The Bosch CompressHybrid 7000i AW is only available in white, meaning it may not match theaesthetic of your home.
How Much Does A Worcester Bosch HeatPump Cost?
There isn't a single answer to thisquestion. The price you'll end up paying for a Worcester Bosch heat pump - orany heat pump for that matter - will largely depend on the features, poweroutputs and features of your given model.
Generally speaking, Worcester Bosch heatpumps tend to be on the more expensive side at an average price of £8,000 to£12,000. But, as with any product, you get what you pay for in terms ofquality, durability and performance.
Installation is another important factor toconsider when gauging the cost of your heat pump.
While some models are designed for easy DIYinstallation, others may require the help of a professional. This willobviously add to the overall cost of your heat pump.
A great solution for those who want toinstall a heat pump but don't want to break the bank is to apply for theRenewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
The RHI is a government initiative thatoffers financial incentives to those who install renewable heating systems intheir homes.
Under the scheme, you could get money backfor every kilowatt hour (kWh) of renewable heat you produce.
This could help to offset the initial costof your heat pump and make it more affordable in the long run. To get a moreaccurate estimate for your specific heat pump project, we recommend getting intouch with a certified installer in your area.
While they each have their own uniquefeatures, one thing all Worcester Bosch heat pumps have in common is theirexceptional quality.
If you're looking for a top-of-the-lineheat pump that will provide you with reliable, efficient heating for years tocome, a Worcester Bosch heat pump is definitely worth considering.